Who Are We?
If you would like to become a member of the BCPTA simply
download this application and send it to the BCTF.
We would love to have you!
The BCPTA is an association of primary teachers from around the province and even the world. We are committed to improving primary teaching practice, benefiting all students in British Columbia.
For a small investment each year, you can be a member in the BCPTA receiving important benefits, and also know you are helping support the ongoing work of dedicated individuals across British Columbia. The BCPTA Executive would like to thank you for your ongoing support.
At our annual 2013 AGM the following goals were set for the 20013-2014 year:
- To foster and promote best practice through developmentally appropriate early childhood/primary education in British Columbia.
- To link with other groups to enhance our ability to develop effective programs and activities to promote best practice.
- To provide leadership in professional development and curriculum development and respond to emerging relevant issues, including All Day Kindergarten.
- To provide the BCTF Executive Committee and other relevant committees and task forces of the Federation with consultation on matters affecting early childhood/primary education and primary teachers in British Columbia
- To provide support to enable LSAs and members to implement and maintain the philosophical integrity of the Primary Program Document in their classrooms.
- To enhance communications with our members.
Next AGM to be held in October 2014 at our Fall Conference.